Thursday, July 24, 2008

here we go!

We had a summer get together on our roof. Those pictures are lame. The one good one was of me and Mrs. Preacher Man awesome-ing it up on Rockband!



Here is our new kitten, Flannery. He gave us a little scare by almost dying. He was running a fever of 104, which is like 101 in human years. But all is better now and his favorite thing is to snatch large chunks of our other cat's hair out.


MOVIES:
Into the Wild - I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about this movie. It was either "I loved it" or "I hated it". I was in the love camp. Maybe its my inner desire to strike out and see the world, to leave all the conventions behind. Emile Hirsch was great and all the supporting cast was amazing. The score perfectly resounded the sentiment of the movie. 4/5

Resident Evil, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, Resident Evil: Extinction - I had never seen these movies before, and I started watching them while DanB was here. The first one was entertaining, the second a little too much cheesy-ness for me, and the 3rd was pretty good. Mila was hot as always, and they kept to their stengths, blood, gore and fun violence. 3/5 for the series.

The Wackness - It was kind of a sweet and bitter coming of age in NYC in 1994. If you like 90's hiphop, drug dealers, high school relationships, and ben kingsley and mary-kate olsen sex, this is the movie for you....and me. 3.5/5

Encounters at the End of the World - Director, Herzog (Grizzly Man), forays into the Antartica, and we get to learn about the people who congregate at the end of the world. It's not just about the researchers, but the construction workers, and welders, etc. And really amazing cinematic view of the icy desert and the underwater life down at the South Pole. 3.5/5

Grace is Gone - A really powerful story about a man raising 2 kids when his Army wife dies. My old man crush, John Cusack, shines in this movie. Probably his best performance since High Fidelity. 4/5

Teeth - Vagina dentata. Silly and fun. The story was the most interesting part of the film. Nothing to write home about, though. 2/5


BOOKS:
Reading the 3rd book of the Twilight series: Eclipse....Jacob is a douchebag.

7 comments:

activated charcoal said...

Man- You gave TEETH 2.5/5 and Encounters... only earned one half a star more than that???? You're saying it was 10% more enjoyable the motherfucking TEETH?


That shit was FASCINATING, yo.- the deranged penguin alone was about 400% better than all of Teeth put together. (I can't remember if there were tits in Teeth, but I'm guessing there were- I'm going to assume that's why it got such an absurdly good rating from you. For shame.)

I'm telling Warner. He's probably gonna kick your ass

klydelanta said...

Amended, but for some reason, my change isnt showing up.

Yeah, I wrote those kind of hastily. It was late and I just wanted to get it posed before I went to bed. No excuse for poor grading though, c'est la vie.

joaj34 said...

...we have used up our last timeout...there's just no time...but do you realize we're in this thing?

Kelly said...

You have a second cat?!?! Send me more pictures... privately. :o)

Love ya,

your big bro

Kelly said...

And one more thing...looking at the flannery picture, we still have that SAME beanbag pillows after all these years!

jinx protocol said...

I've actually begun reading the Twilight books, too. Not bad. I've only read the first one, because I'm trying to diversify authors right now, but the first one was awesome (towards the end).

jinx protocol said...

And, good burn with the teacher thing. I still can't tell if that was an actual compliment or some subversive taunt. [Applauds] Let's keep it going.