Saturday, June 21, 2008

Funny Games (2007)




I had never heard of this movie, but in my ramblings across the internet, I happened upon a review of it, and I was intrigued. I saw it on Thursday, and I was blown away.

4.5/5 stars maybe even 5/5. It was that good.

The one I watched is a shot-for-shot remake of "Funny Games" (1997) and both were directed by Michael Haneke. It's basically about 2 guys (one is Michael Pitt) who terrorize a family (Tim Roth and Naomi Watts).

The pacing, directing, acting, story, plot, everything was incredible. It is a horror movie of sorts, like Se7en was as horror movie. And like Se7en, almost all of the violence occurs off screen, which makes lets our imagination take its course.

Please go rent/netflix this movie.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Gosh, Klyde, you have been very good at keeping up with your blog!!! :-)

hope all is well with you. Miss ya, brother.